5 Reasons To Protect Yourself From The Flu
Get A Flu Shot!
Getting a flu shot is the best way to protect yourself from getting the flu.
1. Protect Those Around you - Those with chronic illness, the very young and old can become severely ill (and possibly die of complications) as a result of being exposed to the flu.
2. Protect Your Hard Earned Days Off - These days, circulating flu viruses are much stronger then in the past, often lingering for 7-10 days before your are able to return to normal daily activities! Don’t waste that time in bed - protect yourself instead!
3. Keep it To Yourself - Although you may have the best intentions, if you do not protect yourself with a flu shot you risk infecting others. People exposed to the flu are contagious 1-day prior to feeling symptoms and 5-7 days after becoming ill.
4. Limit Exposure - Wash hands frequently, cover your nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing, avoid touching mouth, nose and eyes, do not go to work, do not share utensils, bottles..., avoid close contact, and launder bedding.
5. Seek Early Care -If you choose not to get a flu shot and feel an illness coming on, get to your doctor or Urgent Care Clinic within the rst 24-48 hours. Tamiflu (anti-viral medication), if started early can be helpful to reduce length and severity of the virus.